Walter E. Mendoza, Chiropractor, PC understands how difficult and frustrating it can be to have a sports injury. He has extensive experience helping athletes in Freeport, NY, and the surrounding areas recover from injuries, and find relief from pain. Athletes suffer from a variety of injuries, no matter their sport. Injuries can be caused by a fall, impact with another player, a sudden twist or turn, poor technique, and overuse. Some of the most common sports injuries include:
- Knee injuries (ACL or meniscus tear)
- Sprains and strains (ankle, hamstring, etc.)
- Other torn tendons and ligaments (rotator cuff, Achilles, etc.)
- Shin splints
- Tennis or golf elbow
- Pulled groin
Contrary to popular belief, a chiropractor can treat more than just back injuries. Walter E. Mendoza, Chiropractor, PC can also care for various types of pain athletes commonly experience, including:
- Lower Back Pain: Athletes often suffer from lower back pain due to muscle strains or compression of the nerves. We use state-of-the-art spinal manipulation and other reliable techniques such as massage therapy to reduce muscle tension and lower back pain.
- Leg Pain: Consistent, strenuous physical activity can wear out the leg muscles over time. Inflammation, swelling, and leg pain can be a chronic issue or result from an acute injury such as an ACL tear, shin splints, or fracture. Chiropractic care can help alleviate leg pain through massage and spinal adjustment.
- Neck Pain: Many high-impact sports like football and hockey increase an athlete’s likelihood of sustaining a neck injury and experiencing neck pain. A hard tackle or a fall on ice can damage the neck’s tendons, causing pain and discomfort. We frequently treat whiplash and neck strain injuries by reducing nerve pressure, repositioning the spinal column, and relaxing the muscles.
- Shoulder Pain: Shoulder pain can be caused by hyperextending or straining the shoulder muscles. This often occurs due to throwing or swinging motions. We treat rotator cuff injuries, bursitis, tendinitis, and shoulder instability through a combination of stretching and strengthening exercises, adjustment, massage, and other techniques.
Sports Injury Treatment in Freeport, NY
Walter E. Mendoza, Chiropractor, PC, and his team of chiropractic professionals are dedicated to successfully treating your sports injury and getting you back in the game as quickly as possible. We have years of experience treating lower back pain, leg pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain for residents of Freeport, NY. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at (516) 213-4610.